Obama Planning To Assassinate Himself 08/28/2009
Yesterday, Beck sounded a lot like this as he tried to reason his way into believing that the Obama administration is planning to have Obama killed so they can take over the country with a civilian army that doesn't exist.
Unless you're Glenn Beck, you can't make this stuff up.
In July of this year, President Obama gave a speech about expanding AmeriCorps so more people are able volunteer for the program. According to the AmeriCorps website, their goals are to tutor and mentor disadvantaged youth, fight illiteracy, improve health services, build affordable housing, teach computer skills, clean parks and streams, manage or operate after-school programs, help communities respond to disasters and build organizational capacity.
Later in the speech Obama said, "We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded". When placed in context with the rest of the speech, it's clear President Obama is suggesting we lessen the burden on our military who is often is put into these non-Military situations better suited for an organization like AmeriCorps.
Luckily for sites like this one, we have Glenn Beck around to take things out of context.
Beck pulled Obama's "civilian national security force" line from his speech, made a few wild assumptions, came to an insane conclusion then molded a collection of unrelated quotes and video clips into proof that he's right. Beck's piece-mail collection of "evidence" is so ridiculous a lobotomy is required to find it credible.
Beck begins by asking, "Why do we need a civilian national security force that is just as strong and just as powerful as the military"? He answers his question immediately - the civilian national security force is required to control tea party goers, right-wing militia groups, people with don't tread on me flags, Sarah Palin and, of course, Glenn Beck.
He then hypothesizes that this force will be needed when Obama is assassinated and "they" use the crisis to takeover the country. How does he know this? NBC told him. You see, NBC sells Obama merchandise so NBC is in on the plan. They've been secretly setting the country up for Obama's assassination by reporting on people carrying guns to town halls.
You really have to see it to believe it...
In the middle of Beck's breakdown he remarks, "All of it sounds like a Sci-Fi movie that nobody would believe".
Couldn't have said it better myself.
- 1860 days agoYou americans are doomed... GOP, ID, Scientology, religious extremists, rapture douche-bags, right wingers extreme paranoids as "credible political people's representatives and media socialites", you have it all. Truly, the empire is going down! And quite probably, with a bang. I truly hope that the smart/conscious people still living in the USA take action and regain your country's destiny. Be smart. Go to school. Study Science. Invest in technology. Be honest. Learn ethics and live with it. Regain the trust of the world.
- 1860 days agowhy won't this guy and fox news just go away?
- 1859 days agoThis guy makes me feel embarrassed to be an American. It's not like I hate people who think differently than I do; differences of opinion help me test my own. I *want* people to say what they mean, regardless of whether I agree with it or not. But at one time, journalism had the patina of "integrity" & "responsibility". Glenn Beck is babbling for entertainment purposes. And yet, people take him seriously (possibly including himself) - and that's what is scary. Disinformation gets the same kind of airplay that news journalism does. FFS people, wake the hell up. We've given the extremists the microphone...
- 1857 days agoPeople who believe anything Glen Beck has to say are morons. He apparently pulls random "facts" and "information" directly from his crazy ass and spouts them out for the unthinking masses. I wouldn't believe him if he told me that Obama is a Democrat. Then again, he probably doesn't believe that Obama is a Democrat either. Beck would probably claim that Obama's a socialist. Cue the bullshit shoveler, we've got plenty of work for him today...
- 1853 days agoI think america will be okay til election comes up. but the crazies who hate obama now are building up and will elect anyone, like palin. Beck is an embarrassment
Finish submitting your comment by logging in or resigering below...